Skip To Content
What We Offer

Resources for Families

Creating a safe and nurturing family environment is important to a child’s success. CAP Tulsa helps families achieve their parenting, education, and career goals though a variety of programs we offer, as well as through resources that may be available through Family Support Specialists and Parent Educators.

We also help families get connected to a variety of resources and organizations throughout the community.

Free income tax assistance for families meeting income requirements is now available via Goodwill.

2-1-1 Oklahoma is an easy-to-access referral system for those who need help.

  • 211


    Please call 211 or visit 211 to be connected to a variety of resources in our community.

  • Family & Children's Services

    Family & Children's Services

    Family & Children’s Services offers a wide range of services including counseling, addiction and recovery programs, crisis services and other resources for children and adults. They are currently offering telehealth appointments at this time by calling 918-587-9471. They are also sharing helping activities and information on their Facebook page to help you with stress while remaining at home. Be sure to follow them here.

    Child Abuse & Trauma Services: Family & Children’s Services is the place to turn for help if your child has been hurt by any type of child abuse or trauma. Girls and boys are cared for by a compassionate team of mental health professionals in our child-friendly offices. Some home-based services are also available. More information. Video.

  • COVID Testing and Vaccine Appointments

    Covid-19 Vaccines

    To sign up for Covid-19 vaccines, go to

    Covid-19 Testing

    Tulsa Health Department
    For General Information about COVID-19
    1-918-582-9355, testing is by appointment only.

  • COPES COVID-19 Emotional Support Line

    Family & Children's Services has launched the COPES COVID-19 Emotional Support Line. Call 918-744-4800. Call 24/7 if you are having a hard time and need some extra help. Their trained mental health professionals are ready to help alleviate anxiety and stress, day or night.

  • Financial Navigator Program

    The City of Tulsa, in partnership with Goodwill Industries of Tulsa, has launched a new Financial Navigator program.

    The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everyone, and many Tulsans are struggling with the financial strain caused by loss of business, furloughs, layoffs and more. Through this no-cost service, Tulsans can connect remotely with a trained Financial Navigator for one-on-one guidance on managing their financial issues. Click here for more information about the program. To get started with a financial navigator, fill out this form.

  • SNAP

    SNAP, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

    Need to stretch your food budget? Many CAP Tulsa families also qualify for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). Apply for SNAP in 30 minutes or less. To learn more go to:

  • Food

    Below are links to current school meal sites for parents. We have also listed other community partner services for anyone needing help with food.

    School Meal Sites

    Tulsa Public Schools

    For more information on TPS child nutrition, click here.

    The district is still asking all families to complete a Free and Reduced Price Meal Application.

    Union Public Schools

    Union Public Schools School Year 2022-2023 Free and Reduced Meal Application is now available online at:

    If your child’s application was approved last year, you still need to fill one out this year: Your child’s application is only good for that school year and the first few days of the new school year.

    Direct Questions to:
    Carissa Trost ( )Child Nutrition Financial Clerk, Union Public Schools Education Service Center, 8506 E 61st Street Tulsa, OK 74133 or reach her by phone at 918.357.6136

    Sand Springs Public Schools
    For free and reduced meal requirements and meal forms visit this web page.

    If you have any questions, please call the office of Child Nutrition at 918-246-1430.

    Jenks Public Schools

    For 2022-23, students will pay for meals unless they have been approved to receive free or reduced meals.
    Free and reduced-price meals are available to families who qualify.

    Click here to apply today!

    Community Food Resources

    Broken Arrow Neighbors
    315 W. College, Broken Arrow, OK 74012 918-251-7781
    For appointment request, go to

    Catholic Charities
    Catholic Charities of Eastern Oklahoma is excited to announce the opening of The Market at Catholic Charities. Our clients may to choose the foods their family prefers, eliminating food waste and providing balanced and healthy food choices.
    Regular hours:

    Monday through Friday from 9 am to 2 pm, Tuesday evening from 5 pm to 7 pm, Last Saturday of each month from 9 am to noon
    North side of campus2450 N Harvard Ave,Tulsa, OK 74115
    Please bring some form of ID. Limited number allowed to shop daily.
    For more information on Catholic Charities click here.

    Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma

    The Food Bank has updated an online map at to help you. By putting in your zip code, you can find food pantries and other assistance on the map and choose places close to where you live. If you need additional assistance, you may call the food bank at 918-585-2800.

    Emergency Infant Services (EIS)
    1110 S. Denver Ave., Tulsa, OK 74119
    Monday – Friday 9:00AM to 2:30PM
    Emergency Infant Services assists families with children 5 years and under and pregnant women by providing basic needs items such as formula, diapers, food, clothing, and more during times of financial crisis.
    They offer diapers, wipes, formula, clothing, and food to every family that they help. Depending upon their inventory, they sometimes offer toys, books, car seats, furniture items, and more. If there is something your little ones need, you will have the opportunity to let their team know during their unique interview process.
    For more information about Emergency Infant Services, click here.

    Hunger Free Oklahoma
    COVID-19 presents unique challenges for the Oklahoma families and individuals struggling with food insecurity and hunger. Hunger Oklahoma updates their website regularly and includes a lot of information about available food resources, changes to nutritional programs, and how to apply for SNAP, and WIC. Click here to find out more.

    Iron Gate
    801 W. Archer. (918) 879-1702
    For Community Meal: Morning meal is 8:30 – 10:30 am daily.
    For Grocery Pantry: Drive-thru/Walk-Up on Mon., Wed. and Fri. from 1 – 2 pm. You need to pre-register here. Once spaces are filled, registration will be closed for that day; Non-registered people will be served as we are able after those we are registered. For more information on Iron Gate services, click here.

    Kendall Whittier, Inc.
    Call 918-592-3000 for English.
    Llama a 918-760-0989 para Español.

    Expanding Emergency Food Pantry assists residents living in the Kendall Whittier, Crutchfield and The Pearl districts (this is areas between 11th Street on the south, Pine Street on the north, Lansing on the west and Harvard on the east). Contact them if you are in need of emergency grocery items or food. Please speak slowly and clearly and someone will return your call.

    Volunteers return calls from blocked and private numbers. If your phone does not receive blocked calls, they cannot reach you. Food is delivered by appointment only and cannot be delivered until you have been contacted.

    Sand Springs Community Center
    114 W 4th St (4th & Garfield), Sand Springs, OK
    Main Phone: (918) 245-5183

    SSCS is in the Old Central Elementary School Building. Our Handicap accessible entry is the through the arches located at 4th and Garfield. We are on the 2nd floor. There is an elevator on the first floor for your convenience. They ask that you arrive 20-30 mins before closing. Bring ID and current mail. If not SS address, you must have SS water bill, or a child in the SS school system.
    Hours of Operation at Sand Springs Community Services: Monday – Thursday 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM
    Friday – 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
    They will also make appointments after hours for working families and families facing a crisis.
    Please call the office at 918-245-5183 to make an appointment.

    SNAP, Supplemental Food Assistance Program
    How to apply:

    South Tulsa Community House 58th & Peoria
    Monday – Thursday: 9am – 3pm
    Friday: 9am – 1pm
    Wednesday (1st & 2nd Wednesdays of the month): 9am – 5:30pm for those working or attending school during their daytime hours.Qualifications: To receive services, neighbors must complete an application, provide identification, and proof that they live in our service area.For more information on all South Tulsa Community House services, click here. For Emergency Food by Appointment call 918-742-5597.

    Tulsa Dream Center
    200 W. 46th St. North, Tulsa, OK 74146
    For information on obtaining groceries, call 918-430-9984 or email
    Tulsa Dream Center hosts weekly grocery giveaways onsite. A thrift store with clothing, kitchen cookware, pots or pans, and other support is on site as well.

  • Resources for Unemployment

    To get more information and/or apply for Oklahoma Unemployment Benefits, click here.

  • Housing & Housing-related Assistance

    Eviction Suspension

    If you have a disability and have been told that you have been evicted and must move out, contact the Oklahoma Disability Law Center at 1-800-880-7755. People without disabilities should call 211, or visit the 211 website.

    Revitalize T-Town is a 501c(3) organization that provides free home
    repairs for low-income Tulsa homeowners. All repairs focus on safety,
    security and weatherproofing.

    If you would like to apply for free home repairs from Revitalize T-Town, call 918-742-6241 x202 to request a mailed application or download a homeowner application.
    When completed, mail to 14 E 7th Street, Tulsa, OK 74119. Incomplete
    applications will NOT be processed. All requested documents must be
    included. Meetings at the Revitalize T-Town office are by appointment

    Habitat for Humanity 6235 E. 13th St. (918) 592-4224
    Tulsa Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that has been serving families in Tulsa County since 1988. They are able to build safe, quality, beautiful homes and to offer affordable, low-interest mortgages to families who cannot afford a traditional mortgage. We work directly with our homeowners to ensure that housing expenses are not a cost burden, and our homebuyer program includes volunteer work and courses on homeownership in order to emphasize the importance of community involvement and education.

    Tulsa Housing Authority 415 E. Independence St. (918) 582-0021

    For information about the Emergency Housing Voucher Program, a rental assistance program that provides affordable housing for low-income families while paying housing subsidies directly to participating landlords, click here.

  • Baby Supplies

    Emergency Infant Services (EIS)

    1110 S. Denver Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74119
    Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m.

    EIS assists children five years old and younger with basic needs items such as formula, food, diapers, clothing, and other children’s items. Each family may receive services from EIS up to four times in a calendar year, and basic needs visits must be two weeks apart. If you are unsure if your family is eligible, give them a call at 918-582-2469. For more information, click here.

    Other Emergency Infant Services locations:
    South Tulsa Community House 918-582-2469, 5780 S. Peoria Avenue, Tulsa, Ok 74105 Thursdays only 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
    Dream Center
    918-582-2469, 200 W. 46th St. North, Tulsa, Ok 74106 Emergency Baby Boxes, Call 918-430-9984 for availability

  • Child Care

    To find child care resources available while CAP Tulsa schools are closed please visit the Oklahoma Child Care Resource & Referral Association or the OKDHS Oklahoma Child Care Locator.

  • Health


    Keeping up-to-date on your child’s vaccinations is always important, even during a pandemic. Both the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Oklahoma State Department of Health recommend staying current with routine vaccinations. The CDC also recommends that immunizations be kept current to avoid an outbreak. Vaccines protect infants and children and boost their immune system early in life before they are exposed to potentially life-threatening diseases. For more information on the importance of maintaining your child’s immunization schedule please refer to the following:

    Medical Home and Well-Child Care

    It is important to stay in contact with your child’s medical home. Your child’s doctor can let you know what actions to take to maintain your child’s health. If you need help choosing a medical home you can contact your CAP Tulsa Health Associate. Maintaining a relationship with your child’s medical home will allow you access to routine care as needed and access to services that can reduce or eliminate urgent care and emergency room visits which helps limit exposure to COVID-19. For a list of medical home providers and more information, please refer to the following:

    Dental Care and Treatment

    It is important to stay in contact with your child’s dentist. Your child’s dentist can let you know what actions to take to maintain your child’s dental health. If you need help choosing a dental home you can contact your Health Associate. Maintaining a relationship with child’s dental home will allow the parent access to emergent care as needed and access to services that can reduce or eliminate urgent care and emergency room visits, which helps limit exposure to COVID-19. For a list of dental home providers and more information, please refer to the following:


    If your child loses/breaks their glasses or you have concerns with your child’s vision you should call your child’s vision provider to see what options are available. Many times, glasses can be replaced by phone. Some vision providers are not taking appointments for routine exams, but are still open for consult and urgent care. For more information, please refer to the following:

    TeleMedicine Resources

    • Soonercare is covering some telephonic and telehealth visits. Please contact your child’s medical provider to find out if that is an option for you.
    • Ascension offers $20 telehealth visits and insurance is not required. Families can talk to a doctor 24/7 from home with Ascension Online Care. Use code “HOME” for the discounted $20 online telehealth visits.
    • HeyDoctor Good Rx provides virtual advice, prescriptions, and labs from expert doctors and nurses. Most visits are only $20 and no insurance is necessary.

    More Health and Nutrition Resources



    Tulsa Health Department

    Sesame Street in Communities

    Bedtime Stress & COVID: 19 Wellness Tools For Kids

    • For parents with children at home, this means navigating tough conversations and helping little ones who don't yet know how to manage their own feelings. To help those in this situation, our sleep experts created the guide Bedtime & Mental Health: 19 Apps for Parents Amid COVID:

    If you have questions or need help contacting your school, assigned Health Associate please contact Michel’ Dudley, Health Team Lead at 918-382-3273 or via email

    Please contact Angela Morris, Food Service Specialist at 918-382-3309 or via email if you have any questions or concerns with child’s food allergies, intolerances or nutrition.

  • Utilities and Internet Services Assistance

    Public Service Company of Oklahoma works with many private and non-profit community-based local and federal organizations that provide assistance to low-income residents. Download this flyer for COVID-19 related assistance.
    Click here for more information on other payment assistance options.

    • Access from AT&T provides low-cost internet service for eligible households.
    Click here for more information.

    Cox Communications
    Connect2Compete (C2C) is a low-cost internet product for families with school-aged children who are enrolled in low-income assistance programs. Eligible and interested families can enroll by visiting from a mobile device.

    Tulsa Responds
    Get one year of free or subsidized internet access for your home. Tulsa Responds will help you set up your subscription and installation if you qualify.

  • Learning Activities

    Be sure to visit our CAP Tulsa Online Learning for Families page for more information, learning resources and educational videos created by our teachers!

    Children's stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet through

    Storyline Online
    Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.

    Pre-K Pages
    Participate in live sing-a-longs at home with Pre-K Pages every weekday at 3:00 p.m, along with live stories and other activities.

    Story Time from Space

    Story Time from Space is a project of the Global Space Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit education foundation. They send children’s books to the International Space Station. While in space, astronauts are videotaping themselves reading these books to the children of Earth. These videos are being edited and placed on this Story Time From Space website- look under the heading ”Story Time Videos”.

    The Kennedy Center
    The Kennedy Center is providing free videos of extraordinary live and on-demand performances and educational activities to do at home, with new releases daily. In addition, the Artist-in-Residence, Mo Willems shares a daily lunch doodle that your child can watch and draw along each weekday at 1:00 p.m. ET.

    ChildTrends provides recommendations and activities to support and protect children’s emotional well-being during the pandemic on their website.

    Sesame Street
    Sesame Street provides free content and resources you can use with your family to offer comfort and spark playful learning activities. Children thrive with structure in their lives and they learn best through play, even in everyday moments like mealtimes and morning and evening routines. Their content and resources is designed to help you and your family breathe, laugh, and play together!

    With the growing impact of the COVID-19 virus, ReadyRosie has developed a free toolkit as a resource to support families with information and resources for supporting the children in their care.

    Live Stream Zoo Visits
    Several zoos across the nation are providing free live streams of their animals and exhibits. Families can explore these zoos featured in a recent CNN article here.

    Virtual Museum Visits
    Mental Floss
    has compiled 12 different museums throughout the world that families can visit virtually while at home.

  • WIC (Women, Infants and Children) Nutrition Program

    WIC provides appointments at a number of locations. Click here for information on how to apply and for a complete list of locations. Clients may call to setup appointments at 918-582-9355.

  • Legal Services

    Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma (LASO) is a non-profit law firm that provide low cost legal services. They still have the COVID HUB that is for Oklahomans who need help with problems created by the coronavirus. LASO will assist with unemployment benefits, sick leave, rent and mortgage issues, consumer debt issues, Fair credit reporting, eligibility for new Federal benefits, access to benefits such as VA, Soonercare, SNAP, and LIHEAP, and family issues.

    For more information call LASO at 888-534-5243 Monday-Thursday from 9 am -12 pm and 1 pm- 4 pm or apply online through

    Immigration Legal Services

    Catholic Charities 2450 N. Harvard Avenue
    To schedule an appointment, call (918) 508-7180. Tuesday – Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm

    We are closed from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm for lunch. Initial consultations are held on Thursdays by appointment only. During the initial consultation, we will determine what services we can provide and will schedule additional meetings to meet your needs.

    Our services include:
    • Family Petitions
    • Special Immigrant Juvenile Petitions
    • Registry
    • Deportation/Removal Proceedings
    • VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) Petitions
    • Naturalization/Citizenship
    • Fee Waivers
    • Green Card Replacement
    • Deferred Action for Students
    • Temporary Protected Status (T.P.S.)
    • Support for victims of violent crime, including domestic violence
    • Support for victims of human trafficking
    • On-site fingerprinting
    • Asylum

    Helping Hand Ministry - Downtown Tulsa, 700 S. Boston Ave.
    Catholic Charities has teamed up with First Presbyterian Church, the Zarrow Foundation, and several pro-bono attorneys and interpreters to offer immigration legal services. Evenings by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call (918) 508-7180.

  • Child Abuse Prevention

    Oklahoma Child Abuse Hotline – 800.522.3511

    National Child Abuse Hotline – 800-4ACHILD (800.422.4453)

  • Transportation

    Car Care Clinic 2008 E Pine St, Tulsa, OK 74110 (918) 938-6444
    The Car Care Clinic is a place where those in need can turn for help with their vehicles. For more information and to make a request for service, go to

    SoonerRide is a program that helps you get to and from your SoonerCare appointments if you need a ride. You must have SoonerCare to be eligible. For more information, check out their website here.

    Tulsa Transit How to ride the bus, bus fares, maps and schedules at

    Tulsa Transit Lift Program 510 S. Rockford Ave. (918) 592-5438
    The Lift Program is Tulsa Transit’s door-to-door paratransit service for persons with disabilities who have been determined ADA Paratransit Eligible and who are five (5) years of age or older.

    Tulsa Transit Trip Planner

  • Native American Tribes and Program Resources

    For a complete listing of Native American Tribal Resources click here

  • Special Education

    State Resources and Applications

    Has your child been diagnosed with a disability? Here are some great resources to continue to support your child.

    First, have you connected with our Inclusion Support Team at CAP Tulsa? We want to be able to help connect you to additional therapies that your child may qualify for through SoonerStart or the Public School System, who both partner with CAP Tulsa. There are state funded resources available to help. If you have questions about an application process please call Andee Cooper, Senior Team Lead of Special Services at 918-513-1901. If you need Spanish translation assistance, you may contact Ivan Godinez at 918-891-7120.

    Additional Supports:

    *You will want to schedule an appointment to see if your child qualifies for Social Security. You will need to call 1-866-931-7106 and schedule an appointment due to the pandemic.
    Items you will need for this call:
    -Child’s social security card -Birth Certificate
    -Your taxes/proof of income -Any and all documentation supporting diagnosis

    *If your child qualifies for SSI, you will need to contact OKDHS to let them know you’d like to change your child’s SoonerCare over to a SSI-DCP (SSI-Disabled Child Program.) This program will cover your child better than regular SoonerCare.

    *If your child’s 4 years or older and NOT toilet trained, your child is eligible for incontinent supplies being delivered to your door. Diapers, bed pads and wipes are available. For this service please call: 1-866-895-9956. (Spanish speaking support available.)

    *If your child has been diagnosed with a disability, you are eligible for The Family Support Assistance Program. This program is provided by the state to recognize the additional expense of raising a child with a disability. For more information or to fill out an application please click here.

    *On the above application there are additional support services available, please check all boxes. There are multiple items you will need to successfully turn in this application and one piece a school or physician needs to fill out. Andee Cooper at 918-513-1901 can help fill this piece out and also answer any questions you may have about any of these services.

    *If you are a family with a child with a Developmental or Intellectual Disability you may qualify for The Family Support Assistance Program. It is a $250 cash subsidy to help meet the needs of your loved one with special needs. Click here to apply.

    *If you have a child with a developmental disability and you need an occasional break, the state of Oklahoma has a respite voucher that you may qualify for. The caregiver you choose to watch your child must be over the age of 18 and have a social security number. Click here to apply.

    For a general list of some of our favorite resources and helpful guides for parents who have children with special needs to use and reference, click here and scroll down to Special Education Learning Activities and Guides. In addition, The Oklahoma State Department of Special Education continues to update service questions and answers on their website.