Family Support Specialists
Family Support Specialists (FSS) are available to CAP Tulsa families through our partnership with Family & Children’s Services — a Tulsa nonprofit, providing behavioral healthcare and family services to northeastern Oklahoma. FSS provide support to CAP Tulsa families with a child currently enrolled in Learning@Home, at a CAP Tulsa school, or are part of the CAP Connect alumni program.
Family Support Specialists can provide:
- Free support tailored to your family’s educational, mental, and physical needs
- Advocacy, parenting classes, and access to community resources
- Access to family engagement opportunities at the school that include activities to help families develop the skills they need to raise healthy, happy children
- Assistance in creating a family success plan to understand your needs to help you identify growth opportunities for your family
- Connection to community resources if your family experiences a crisis
- Multilingual and multicultural support
Whether families need assistance during a difficult time or want help meeting an everyday goal, your Family Support Specialist is a great resource along the path toward educational and family success.
Family Support Specialists provide free individualized support and can link you to advocacy, parenting, and other community resources your family may need. Contact the Family Support Specialist at your child's school.