Types of Information
Depending upon which of our services you are utilizing, the types of personal information that we may collect include:
- Information we receive from you on applications, forms and in other communications to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone or any other means;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliated companies, or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; and
- Information received from the use of our internet site using Google Analytics
Some pages on this site may use “cookies”—small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID to track the pages visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. These files are used for site registration and customization for the next time you visit us.
Use of Information
CAP Tulsa follows all federal and state laws applicable to the information you provide including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) which governs our treatment of student education records.
The information we request from you will be used and disclosed in
association with the services provided to you, the payment for such
services, and CAP Tulsa business operations including quality control
efforts and customer analysis. We will not release your information to
non-affiliated parties except as necessary for us to provide the product
or service you have requested of us.
With your prior consent and in an effort to provide more comprehensive services to you, we may also provide your personal information to companies under contract or otherwise affiliated with CAP Tulsa. Such affiliated companies have agreed to protect your confidentiality and may include financial service providers, community-based non-profit organizations, education organizations, school officials, clinics, and state agencies such as the Oklahoma State Department of Education or the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Without your prior consent, the amount of personal information disclosed to affiliated companies will be limited to that necessary for purposes of providing services, payment activities and business operations. We may provide, de-identified data about you in combination with groups of data about our other customers who are also de-identified and because you cannot be identified, we will not seek your consent.
Confidentiality and Security
Notification of Rights under FERPA
FERPA affords parents and students over 18 years of age certain rights with respect to the student’s educational records.
- The right to inspect and review the student’s education records. Parents should submit to CAP Tulsa a written request that identifies the records they wish to inspect. CAP Tulsa will notify the parent of the time and place where the records may be inspected.
- The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records that the parent believes are inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy rights under FERPA. CAP Tulsa retains the right not to amend the record as requested. If CAP Tulsa decides not to amend the record as requested, CAP Tulsa will notify the parent of the decision and advise them of their right to a hearing regarding their request for amendment.
- The right to consent to disclosures of personal information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. One exception that permits disclosure of personal information without consent is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by CAP Tulsa as an administrator, supervisor, instructor, or support staff member including, health and medical staff; a person serving on the CAP Tulsa Board; a person or company with whom CAP Tulsa has contracted as its agent to provide a service instead of using its own employees or officials; or a parent or student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.
Right to Request Confidential Communication
You may ask CAP Tulsa to talk with you about your educational records in a certain way. For example, you can ask CAP Tulsa to only call you at home. CAP Tulsa will try to meet all reasonable requests.
Right to Request a Paper Copy of this Notice
A paper copy of this notice may be requested by mail at or in person at CAP Tulsa, 5330 E. 31st St., Suite 300, Tulsa, OK 74135.
To invoke any of these rights, send a written request to:
5330 E. 31st St., Suite 300
Tulsa, OK 74135.
For more information, contact your family support specialist, school leader or site support assistant at CAP Tulsa’s Early Childhood Education Program.