A two-generation approach combines high-quality educational opportunities for young children with strong evidence-based educational, workforce readiness and parenting programming for families.
This strategy engages children and parents together to achieve three key outcomes:
- Children enter school prepared for success,
- Families create a nurturing and secure environment for their children, and
- Families connect to other families.
CAP Tulsa brings a two-generation vision to life by:
- Working across the agency to strengthen program offerings for parents,
- Helping families develop a path to achieve goals, and
- Engaging in constant communication with the agency and training staff on the two-generation philosophy.
Review the latest studies on 2Gen approaches:
Uplifting The Family: A Two-Generation Approach – Garrett County Community Action Committee and Monica Barczak, Senior Advisor-Administration for Children and Families
The Two-Generation Research Initiative – Northwestern University
Creating Opportunity For Families: A Two-Generation Approach – The Annie E. Casey Foundation
Top Ten for 2Gen: Policy Ideas & Principles to Advance Two-Generation Efforts – Ascend at the Aspen Institute