Acting with CAP Tulsa’s mission in mind and holding ourselves accountable for intended results
- Manage all resources entrusted to us with good stewardship.
- Use our time wisely and in support of CAP’s mission.
- Follow through: do what we say we will do.
- Take full responsibility for our decisions and actions.
Using data to make thoughtful and well-informed decisions
- Set goals that are realistic and ambitious.
- Rely on internal and external data for validation and opportunities for improvement.
- Measure the success of our work thoughtfully and use as an input for decision-making.
- Communicate how data supports a decision.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Cultivating an inclusive, respectful, and equitable environment for our children, families, and employees
- Ensure every child, family and employee has an equal opportunity for success.
- Recognize and celebrate the diversity of thought, background and culture that makes us stronger.
- Promote zero tolerance for inappropriate and disrespectful behavior.
- Ensure that our business policies and practices reflect and advance our inclusive culture.
Exercising the freedom and obligation to challenge each other respectfully
- Encourage and welcome the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Speak the truth as we see it in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Acknowledge the opinions of others without becoming defensive.
- Bring disagreements into the open and use them productively to enhance the quality of decisions.
Achieving the highest measure of quality in all that we do
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in carrying out our organizational mission.
- Provide high-quality service consistently to co-workers and clients.
- Set the bar high and embrace continuous improvement to achieve high-quality results.
- Understand the critical link between personal performance and organizational excellence.
Helping all people reach their full potential
- Take advantage of developmental and growth opportunities, and encourage others to do so.
- Invest time in developing ourselves and others.
- Commit to long-term development, not just short-term results.
- Balance professional growth with agency needs.
Honesty, Integrity and Transparency
Doing what’s right and aboveboard
- Share information to the broadest possible extent, while respecting boundaries and confidentiality.
- Be open with others and do not act from hidden agendas.
- Act in a consistent manner: “Walk the talk.”
- Admit mistakes and be receptive to corrective feedback.
Pursuing continuous improvement and encouraging experimentation to achieve desired outcomes
- Identify gaps in what we do and advance new ideas and alternatives.
- Question the status quo: ask “Why?” and “Why not?” and “What if?”
- Embrace the unknown: be open to new information, consider wild notions, defer judgment.
- Be willing to experiment and learn from successes and failures.
Assuming the best and giving others the benefit of the doubt
- Act from the belief that we all want to make things better, and that we care enough to do the right thing.
- Deal directly and respectfully with others.
- Clarify intent for best results.
- Don’t take things personally; assume that the actions of others come from a mission-driven and solution-oriented approach.
Treating all people with dignity and respect
- Act in accordance with the Golden Rule: treat others as we would wish to be treated.
- Speak with integrity and treat people equitably.
- Ensure that decisions are fair and objective, not personal or biased.
- Recognize the value and contributions of others.