CAP Tulsa’s high-quality early childhood education services are available in the comfort of your home for FREE to eligible families. CAP Tulsa’s Learning@Home program is available to parents who are expecting or have children up to 3-years-old. Our Learning@Home program focuses on developing your child’s brain through play, music, reading and other activities.
Families receive regular visits at home and/or at a previously agreed upon location from a parent educator. Parent educators discuss positive parenting skills with families and help establish routines for activities, sleep, and toilet training. We also offer a network of community resources for parents, including group connections to participate in social gatherings with other children.
Benefits of Home-Based Early Childhood Education include:
- Year- round learning for infants and toddlers during critical years before pre-school
- Parent ownership of teaching in the home environment
- Hands-on fun activities to help your child with alphabet recognition, early reading, writing, and math skills
- Social skills and long-term life skills such as self-control, how to get along with others, and how to follow directions
- Creative thinking development
- Certified parent educator to guide your child’s personalized lesson and development plan
- Personal visits
- Parent connections with other parents
- Group socialization experiences for children
- Health, vision and hearing screenings and ongoing assessments of child’s developmental progress
- Preferred placement in our school-based program at age three
Call 918-382-3247 for details on qualifying and information on applying. Enrollment is year round.